Thursday 29 December 2011

Nightlife or Night lie?

Why do I go out?  Why would I leave my house past 10 PM, go all the way downtown and PAY to get inside a bar.  I do not drink (unless you call one beer once in a while drinking).  I do like to dance but the floor is either too full or completely empty.  I don't remember having an intelligent conversation on a regular night in a club. My friends stopped going out a while back except for those who actually work there.  Only 25% of the people inside are ladies and they ALL are in a relationship, lesbians or among my few exes.  I guess I will just stop trying to pretend I enjoy the nights out and just stay home.  I don't mind being alone but feeling lonely makes me sick.  I think I prefer to stay inside. A mask is not necessary in my own bedroom and I can write as much as I want. Eventually, I will become an hermit.  I'm not sure I like the alternative.

Maybe I just like the music but I could make a neat soundtrack on my computer and I wouldn't need to go out anymore.  I guess I cling to a fool's hope whenever I feel like partying in clubs but as the night progress, I start to remember how alien and out of touch I am with people.  Afterward, I leave the bar alone, get to the bus stop and wait in the cold, hopeless.  So the dilemma is this:  How do I fight loneliness without risking to cry myself to sleep when I come back home?  What is worst: Being home alone or lonely in a crowd?

My temporary answer : Friends!  I must make sure to spend time among friends and family as much as possible.
Since I'm not sure I want to rely on others for affection anymore, writing seems to be my only chance of happiness (or something like it)

1 comment: